BRAKE SQUEL

DRAPS

Hi Draps

Brake Squeal... You may have high temperature brake pads installed. High temperature brake pads will squeal just as the car is coming to a halt. Mine squeal regularly (so do my brakes, hahaha). There is a product available that is applied to the back of the brake pads, it is designed to eliminate the squealing, this may be your next step if the noise is bothering you.

Some ideas: 1. car not used enough - rusty discs? 2.Pads are too hard. 3.You may have to bed the new pads in by gentle repeated applications to heat the pads up. A track day would sort them out. 4.If they are squeeling both before and after the new pads, have a look for a build up of crud on the outer circumference of the discs, look for a dirt ridge - rotate discs by hand against the side of a screw driver blade or sandpaper.5.Hm 2009 boxster, unless you have been hammering it, you probably haven't done enough K's for new pads??Talk to the dealer, perhaps they should have lightly skimmed your discs before fitting the new pads!

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

Paul M

I have a 2009 Boxster S, which has bad brake squel even after the dealer has replaced the pads................any suggestions ?

If there was anything untoward with the rotors this should have been identified by the dealer. Try some hard braking a few times in succession and see how that goes. It's worked for me in the past with solving exactly the same problem.

Regards,

Glenn.

Archived