Easter Drive

Wide3.2

Did a drive to Bright from Canberra one Easter, The drive was south to Cooma, turn right toward Tumut. About halfway there is a letter box which is meant to be a town! Turning left and away I went across the high country and through the Snowy River Scheme. The surface was excellent and cambered corners with very few straight lines. This road was made for a 911. Continued west to Corryong, past the high hills and into the valleys of North East Victoria then pounded toward Tallangatta and south to Bright. All in all it took eight and half hours instead of the predicted seven via the Hume Drone Way.

The benefits were untold and unforseen.

Apart from the weather being perfect all day, warm sun (not hot), no clouds, very few insects...the added bonus was that there was no traffic, and this being the Easter weekend!! I did not see any trucks, cars, caravans, 4 wheel drives with bicycles glued to their ass and best of all, not one single cop car was sighted and no radars!! ...this was surely utopia I thought.

Highly recommended drive for anyone with a little bit of time on thier hands and wants to see some spectacular country, excellent roads and a taste of solitude. as an added note, there is also no phone reception :)

Cheers

Chris

I think you're ringing Paul's bell here!

Great part of the country to go for a spirited spin... well, you know what I mean ;):D I did a similar drive back from Canberra a year or two ago, but we went south through Bomballa, Bonang and down to Orbost. Such fun was had that I spent the next day in bed... racing buckets shouldn't be sat in for more than 2 hours at a time, and we nearly drove straight through! LOL! Coming down some old logging roads before Orbost on a Sunday with zero traffic was the only time I've been able to smoke the racing pads on the RS. :)

All good!

Kerry

Archived