2001 986 S going cheap.

I am looking for opinions on the following scenario..

I am currently living in Germany and the opportunity to buy an 01 986 S has arisen in the vicinity of 11k aud but I'll be trying to do better than that. It's RHD which yes means UK import but is fully registered here in Germany. I have done my research on driving a RHD here and am fine with that. Standard silver with black leather, good looking service history and 112,000km.

The potential plan would be to pick it up as cheap as possible and use here as I need a car soon anyway. I'll be here at least twelve months so as far as I can see, I would be eligible for a personal import (the

vehicle would be registered in my name here no problems) if and when I return to Australia in the future.

My big question is to anyone who has done the whole import thing themselves or knows someone who has. I'm looking to get an idea of costs. I've done a bit of digging around and a rough figure I've come up with is about 7k.

Having previously owned a UK 986 S I am pretty up to date with that debate. Buy on condition and PPI as always is my thinking, especially in this case as resale is far from my main concern. With the prices of air cooled 911's going the way they are then my best bet to get back into a Porsche is a Boxster. You should see air cooled prices here...!

Anyway if anyone can shed some light on import costs from door to door it would be much appreciated. I should ask the bloke I bought my last one from... although I bet he would tell me the costs were huge :)

Not your answer but if your seriously considering a personal import...an opportunity to not squander, with the opportunity to bring in something less ordinary.

Had looked at a cost to bring in a 914 recently approx 1800 transport cost+ local charges = less than 5k.

Europe to oz different transport costs - contact a broker.

Not your answer but if your seriously considering a personal import...an opportunity to not squander, with the opportunity to bring in something less ordinary.

Had looked at a cost to bring in a 914 recently approx 1800 transport cost+ local charges = less than 5k.

Europe to oz different transport costs - contact a broker.

Couldn't agree more michel, just have to raise the funds for something like but the time frame is not on my side in regards to 12 months ownership imoort condition vs having the spare cash to make the purchase.

I'm going to check the car out next week just on the off chance it is a really good example then I'll ponder some more.

Archived