996 New Stereo

Whipit

Hey Gary

good stuff. will have to check mine. I saw album artwork today but was only on that screen for a moment as went to nav screen. I really need to get my speedo fixed as HU lives on speedo screen. I got the imprint processor today. I am hoping to have it hooked up over next few days.

Hi Bruce, last night when I put the car in the garage I noticed I still had the Alpine box the HU came in. I had a look and the colour scheme it shows on the picture on the side of the box is really different from what you get, much more of a black with blue if you know what I mean. I wonder why we cant get that on the unit? Anyhow, everything else works a treat, so maybe I am just picky :)

I had a look at the box and do like that scheme too. It's like the Boxes for TVs at work. The picture always goes to the edge of screen with no border, unlike in reality, where they all have borders lol. My unit has been a bit buggy. It locked up on Nav screen once and I had to remove the power to reset it. I went to adelaide over last weekend and the voice of NAV dropped out. I played with settings yesterday and it has come back, but I copped a ticket on trip, so not happy about that. Ironically, I was distracted because the Iphone was flat and unit wouldn't detect it. I had got it working when I stopped for fuel a few minutes before, by again disconnecting power, but I stopped a few minutes later and got some food and when I took off again it wasn't working, so I was looking for a safe place to park and didn't notice my speed drift up to 109 KPH and I got pinged(still in Vic). I did get it working again while I waited for the cops to give me a ticket but figure the nav speed warning may have prevented the ticket if the unit wasn't bugging out on me in the first place lol. The trip was a great drive though, and these cars are so much fun even if severely handicapped by our draconian road laws. Dropping down to thrid and overtaking was a blast. I doubt there are too many cars around that you can just drive for 9 hours and then get out of, feeling like it was a trip to the office

Archived