Exhaust System or part of

1984 Carerra Blue

Hello,

I was hoping to hear from anyone thinking of upgrading their exhaust systems. Mine has developed a hole and I need a replacement. A new one is rather expensive so I'm looking to buy a second hand one from one of you.

It would need to fit the 1984 - 1989 model 911 Carrera. The perfect match for my car would be 1984, as it didn't come with a cat in 1984.

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

All the mufflers are interchangable with 3.2s, cat or not.

If upgrading, I've had a Monty and now have a M&K/RarelyL8, I would highly recommend the M&K/RarelyL8, weighs a fraction of the monty, is straight through not baffled and sounds great. My monty did sound a bit deeper, this is more raspy. If replacing the whole system 993 heat exchangers with flipped flanges on one side is a great system for the 3.2, SSIs are too restrictive.

If you are after just a stock muffler, I can't believe yours has a hole, they're built like tanks, is it an ex UK car? I think I have one stored in my roof at work, I'll check. I say upgrade though the stock muffler is very restrictive and the weight of it is frightening!!

Hello,

I was hoping to hear from anyone thinking of upgrading their exhaust systems. Mine has developed a hole and I need a replacement. A new one is rather expensive so I'm looking to buy a second hand one from one of you.

It would need to fit the 1984 - 1989 model 911 Carrera. The perfect match for my car would be 1984, as it didn't come with a cat in 1984.

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

All the mufflers are interchangable with 3.2s, cat or not.

If upgrading, I've had a Monty and now have a M&K/RarelyL8, I would highly recommend the M&K/RarelyL8, weighs a fraction of the monty, is straight through not baffled and sounds great. My monty did sound a bit deeper, this is more raspy. If replacing the whole system 993 heat exchangers with flipped flanges on one side is a great system for the 3.2, SSIs are too restrictive.

If you are after just a stock muffler, I can't believe yours has a hole, they're built like tanks, is it an ex UK car? I think I have one stored in my roof at work, I'll check. I say upgrade though the stock muffler is very restrictive and the weight of it is frightening!!

..hmm the Monty and M&K/RarelyL8 sound interesting, and I must admit it is tempting. On the other hand, I cant find anywhere in Australia that sells them so I'm thinking it might be quicker for now to just replace my standard one. The weight issue is interesting, I've not removed it yet, but if its heavy then I guess a lighter one would actually be slightly safer handling wise. Although, It's quite loud anyway, I'm not sure if I want it any louder.

I think I'll stick with the standard one for now and investigate the other options for later. If you're old exhaust is nearby I'd be happy to make a deal for it.

By the way its not a hole, I broke it accidentally..Ouch!

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

I have $250 here for good used muffler..Anyone?

Archived