Servicing canberra

Tobz

Tobz, as an ex Canberran I have used Gulson Porsche at Fyshwick and Chris Halford, The Car Doctor at Belconnen. Prices are probably comparable and you get what you pay for. Alternatively, if you don't mind a drive, I currently (for the past 5 years)get all my servicing and repairs done by Mike Jacobsen at Spyder Automobiles, in Warragul Victoria. As a decentralised Porsche technician his rates are much better than even your local garage. So a once a year trip can be very worthwhile ( come down through Bombala and East Gippsland - great drive). see www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Mike has many interstate customers.

Cheers

Paul M

Hey,

Cheers for your help. Out of Gulson and The Car Doctor, which would you recommend. I dont mind spending extra as long as you get value from it, i.e. a more comprehensive knowledge regarding the car, thus leading you to save money from early identification or prevention of issues.

Let me know which you one prefer, and thanks heaps for your help

I find it amazing that these cars only get serviced once a year! it seems soooo long between services!

Tobz, as it's a Boxster I'd lean toward Gulsons but if you live on the northside drop into Chris and sound him out re service costs (or both really). Chris can be a bit of a "funny" guy depending on his current whims/mood. A good mechanic nonetheless. Overall, servicing costs are no more than any other car, but they do need maintenance and only use BP Ultimate fuel, whenever possible, and always 98 octane. More expensive but cleaner burning and in my 1970 911 the difference and better fuel consumption is immediate.If you join Porsche Club Canberra you'll get discounts on parts etc from Gulsons. (Paul in spare parts is very helpful).

Cheers

Paul M

Archived