Tracking Rob's 3.2

Hi every one,

Have create a new thread tracking Rob's 3.2 from the UK to OZ. Track its progress here.

I expect everyone to keep an eye on his baby for him. (That white container still looks a tad unstable wink.gif )

Bon Voyage!

rEd

Thanks rEd - so the ship's currently in Le Havre...

With nearly 9,000 containers on the ship I hope I get the right one!

Regards

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Well it passed through the canal on the 13th, but has lost time across the Indian Ocean, and now is 3 days late getting into Singapore (now expected on the 26th of April). This means it misses its orignal connection to Sydney, and now is a week later than expected. It should be here on the 14th of May.

I'm worse than a kid at Christmas!!

Regards

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's arrived. However the attached picture sums my first driving experience up.

First time in 28 years of driving that I've run out of petrol, and only 4kms from the container depot!!! Combined with a flat battery, the NRMA seemed to be the easy way home...

Regards

Rob

post-396-130630384717_thumb.jpg

Rob,

Congratulations on the delivery.

Another another treasure saved from the dampness of the UK. May you enjoy her to the fullest and eventually pass her to another enthusiast. Forum rules apply - plenty of pix please and any updates.

rEd

Thanks for the support guys, and don't worry there will be plenty of pics!

I've already started compiling my list of spares and miscellaneous parts that I need - it appears either Pelican Parts, Automotion, or Auto Atlanta are the go. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks again,

Rob

Guest vas930

Hard to beat Pelican Rob,great prices and quick. Just had another good experience with them. Be sure to have a payment system worked out first if you have not ordered with them before. If not it can be frustrating. Iv found the PayPal system the best. If something has to be perfect and you have concerns, the Porsche dealerships are great. Good Luck Rob ,hope to see you and your 911 in Vic some day. Vas. :D

Agree with you Vas about PP. Their service is hard to beat, responses to queries timely, delivery to OZ is generally fairly quick. Have discovered that it is more economical to accumulate parts to your PP wishlist thus spreading the postage cost rather than order items more frequently.

I have tested this recently. I needed a few small parts for my SC, the parts cost about UD$16 and the postage was a minimum of US$32 so the wishlist sat there for a few months (waiting for the US$ to plummet) and while I scoured the cars for bits to add. It didn't happen so I ordered these parts through PAP Parts yesterday with postage US$15.

This thread will give you a head-up on suppliers. Keep in mind there are several many good suppliers here in OZ who will be keep for your business.

Cheers,

rEd

Hi Rob,

I am sure that behind the camera is a guy with a grin from ear to ear.

Looks great, love the piping details on the seats.

I guess the rear fog lights are a UK delivery add-on.

I also like the new avatar.

Yours is bigger than mine :(:(:(

Doug

Archived