KLR needed (borrow or buy) Melb

cyberpunky

Hey guys looks like my KLR maybe the culprit behind my cars issues, so I am looking to borrow one ideally, or buy one if I have too. Mainly just want to test to see if mine is definitely faulty, so need a known good one

Anyway let me know if you can help.

cheers

Bruce

Doh just realised this is wrong forum, saw water cooled and thought it was right one lol. Mods please move to front engined if possible :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce

I've got a spare if you still need one.

David

Cheers David

I have done a contra with the guys who rebuild them, so mine is getting refurbished as we speak. Am hoping my car will be back on the road any day now but thanks for the offer

Bruce

Daryl it's Injectronics in Hallam Vic. They rebuilt my DME about 4 years ago, just after I got the car. That has now been replaced with a Rogue Tuning solid state DME but worked flawlesssly since it was done.

Thanks Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Well the saga continues. What I thought would be simple has not turned out that way. They have tested DME and KLR and are saying DME is telling one pair of injectors to stay on constanly and other pair is fine. I don't doubt it but am still struggling to see how I could have same problem with car, when I have replaced the DME, unless it is KLR causing it. They seem to struggle  a little with the Rogue unit as they have never seen one before.

I am now thinking I should just try another KLR as that would show if it is the issue simply by swapping it out. I am losing faith here with current situation, as things just don't make sense. I am a firm believer in the process of elimination and the odds that 2 DME units could be faulty are astronomically huge against.

So David or anyone, I am now wanting to get hold of a KLR again. Can anyone help ?

Archived