PDK Software Update

911 575F1

Had my 997.2 in for it's first service last week at PCM. I'd been having intermittent slipping of the PDK between 1st and 2nd gear changes and sometimes slipping off the line on slow starts. They upgraded the software and the PDK feels completely different, much smoother transitions on gear changes, both auto and manual mode, also much more confident on hard acceleration, the service consultant said the car would feel much better and he was right. Has anyone else had any issues with the PDK slipping or experience with the software needing to be upgraded? They also replaced the fuel pumps under some service campaign, that was not an issue a driver would notice more a item they'll change as the car is serviced to avoid some future problem. Overall they did their usual great job on the service.

put my 997.2 manual car in for its first service (4000klms)& they changed the fuel pump as part of a service campaign under warranty. Can't say there was anything wrong or that i notice any difference. the service guy said it was part of the ongoing improvement plan????

• 3 months later...

Had my 997.2 in for it's first service last week at PCM. I'd been having intermittent slipping of the PDK between 1st and 2nd gear changes and sometimes slipping off the line on slow starts. They upgraded the software and the PDK feels completely different, much smoother transitions on gear changes, both auto and manual mode, also much more confident on hard acceleration, the service consultant said the car would feel much better and he was right. Has anyone else had any issues with the PDK slipping or experience with the software needing to be upgraded? They also replaced the fuel pumps under some service campaign, that was not an issue a driver would notice more a item they'll change as the car is serviced to avoid some future problem. Overall they did their usual great job on the service.

Hi there

I have a 98 PDK Carrera, I am just wondering if the software needs to be updated

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers

David

David,

If it's an 08 PDK I assume the car has had a few services and it may be already updated. I don't know how to check versions but I'm sure any Porsche Ctr would be happy to confirm what's in the car.

My experience was a considerable improvement, much smoother, it's worth asking about it at your next service.

• 1 month later...

Archived