Longer O/S delivery times

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that the delivery times for delivery of items from the US is now out to about 14 days.

I used to allow about 5-7 days in recent past but now it seems that it is around the fortnight mark.

Maybe the high AUD means that many more people are taking advantage of purchasing from afar and the delivery times have lengthened because of it. Perhaps waiting for space on the cargo planes.

I am basing my question on the last 4 or 5 transactions that I have rec'd from from the US and all are from different sources on differing sides of the continent.

A fairly inane thing to discuss I know but it is a miserable wet and and cold afternoon up here in the hills and I am bored.

You are all lucky I didn't share with you my latest research into the origins of internal socket fasteners, torx, allen and triple square et al. Now that would have been really boring.

Dave

Guest vas930

Hey Dave I know how you feel. I have noticed stuff from Pelican is now taking about 2 weeks.

As for boring, check out my 930 thread, I can make a big deal out of a few stickers. :D

Its a wet day down on the beach today also.

So go ahead, I would love to hear about your tool research, not boring to me. :)

Hey Dave I know how you feel. I have noticed stuff from Pelican is now taking about 2 weeks.

As for boring, check out my 930 thread, I can make a big deal out of a few stickers. :D

Its a wet day down on the beach today also.

So go ahead, I would love to hear about your tool research, not boring to me. :)

Well one interesting fact is that the torx head was designed by GM in the 6o's and that torx head coding ie T10, T15, T20 etc etc are sizes for the socket or bolt irrespective of whether or not the shank is imperial or metric.

How do you like that for a start.

Archived