Tracing Imported Vehicle History

Matt930

Hi ladies and gents,

Brand new to the forums (and Porsche Ownership) and i was wondering if anyone had any expereince tracing vehicle history Via VIN numbers in Both Hong Kong, and UK?

I recently bought a lovely 1976 930 that was an import. From what i have been told by a previous owner is that the car was delivered in UK, imported to Hong Kong and then sent to Australia. I have the Aus history via the RTA website including engineering company, but i was hoping to gain more information (basically the same report, but from UK and HK). I have searched alot in the previous 24hr, all the UK stuff required a Registration plate, which i obviously do not have.

Also, is it possible to get from Porsche the Vehicles delivery specification? Over the years its been fitted with a range of Gemballa external mods, but im thinking i might take her back to orginal spec looking through that 1975 930 thread (YUM!)

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi Matt.

Great to see you have a 930.

First thing I would do is to find out what info is on your car.

Your local Porsche Mech can tell from the decals left on the car.

That will give all the basic info. Colour/Options and so on.

If they are gone, you can do a trace through Porsche.

Tracing vehicle history,I have no idea.

Good luck. Vas :)

I bought a UK import and before I signed on the dotted line I called The Porsche Centre in Melbourne. They were able to confirm all the options, interior and exterior colour, etc.

Agree with webrest that owner history is another matter. Maybe try and track down a receipt / stamp in service book. The mechanic might have some information for you.

Archived