PDK delays

911 575F1

997-2, C4. I have experienced a series of delays in the PDK which happen under a few different conditions, at start up and when changing from reverse to forward. At start up it sometimes takes a long time, up to 3-5 seconds after putting the car in reverse before the car will actually engage reverse properly, it feels like it would in a manual if you were slipping a clutch then just starts to work as normal and it's fine. Under normal use I also experience it sometimes takes the same amount of time ( but not always ) when I change from forward to reverse, like when parking the car. Infrequently it also feels like it's winding up before it takes off when I have a fast acceleration from a set of lights, again not always. I mentioned it to Porsche & they did a software upgrade at the first service. That did change things form the earlier PDK software but these delays are still present and it may be in my head but seem to be more frequent recently. Has anyone else experienced any delay feel with the PDK ? Other than these issues which are not anything major the PDK is fantastic & I prefer it to earlier manual and tiptronic Porsche's I've had, I am wondering if it's just evolution on the PDK that Porsche will weed out in time with software upgrades.

Hi, I think it might be symptomatic of DSG type gearboxes in general. I have a humble Passt daily driver with a DSG gearbox and while it is absolutely brilliant once underway it jerks and hesitates during take up of load. It might be software and development. Once you get past that initial hesitation though I love it.

Cheers

Chris

Hi, I think it might be symptomatic of DSG type gearboxes in general. I have a humble Passt daily driver with a DSG gearbox and while it is absolutely brilliant once underway it jerks and hesitates during take up of load. It might be software and development. Once you get past that initial hesitation though I love it.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

I think your probably right, it isn't detracting from how great the PDK works it's just a strange feeling.

Thanks

John

Archived