981 Boxster exhaust fitting - looks easy.

Bernie Knight

I purchased a BORLA stainless exhaust system - but never fitted it as I sold the Boxster.

I have it for sale in the market place.

Although I never fitted the exhaust I did get the Porsche up on the hoist to see just what was involved in fitting an after market exhaust.

Surprisingly these exhaust packages are very well made and easily fitted. Whilst the paperwork said only basic tools were needed, I would suggest a good socket set with extension arms - as the removal of the top bracket is hard to get at without an extension arm.

The only caution I would offer is to buy from a local importer as the import and delivery freight process is very difficult to work through. I travelled to a distance freight and custom yards to pick it up.

Bernie.

I purchased a BORLA stainless exhaust system - but never fitted it as I sold the Boxster.

I have it for sale in the market place.

Although I never fitted the exhaust I did get the Porsche up on the hoist to see just what was involved in fitting an after market exhaust.

Surprisingly these exhaust packages are very well made and easily fitted. Whilst the paperwork said only basic tools were needed, I would suggest a good socket set with extension arms - as the removal of the top bracket is hard to get at without an extension arm.

The only caution I would offer is to buy from a local importer as the import and delivery freight process is very difficult to work through. I travelled to a distance freight and custom yards to pick it up.

Bernie.

Bernie, a little bit off subject....are you an ex mayor of Torquay or similar?

• 2 weeks later...

Niko 

I've still got that new stainless exhaust - over on the Barter, Sale Trade area for sale...:o

don't think it would fit the 987.2 Bernie.   Does look good though.  .  

I will stick my head under mine and check it out.  

I will  do some homework.    It would be nice....

Niko 

I've still got that new stainless exhaust - over on the Barter, Sale Trade area for sale...:o

Just been comparing the two exhaust systems from diagrams etc and although they look close, I don't think the 981 is compatible with the 987.2

Ive checked a few forums and no one has tried the swap that I can find.

So probably not unfortunately BK...

• 2 weeks later...

After tripping over the exhaust for the tenth time I'm dropping the price down to exactly half what it cost me.

Now its an absolute bargain, as its brand new in bags and boxes and is the full stainless sports system with chrome tailpipes etc. all brackets, clamps and fittings.  It's an easy two hour fit.

:D the one Porsche I heard with this system was amazing sound.

Do me a favour let your Forum friends know please, as I will place it in Parts magazine and on eBay etc in the next few weeks.

Thanks guys 

Archived