Couldn't Help Myself - My New Purchase

Dreamr

Well .... aren't we all glad we saved it from your bastardising hands!  :D ...... way too nice (and rare) to chop up.

Where else are you going to find one? Oh yeah .... at my place.

I was wrestling with the wife on this one. Would have bought it 2 weeks earlier.

On one hand I'm sorry for cutting your grass, on the other hand, I'm really glad I did! (oh, the dillema of it all).   :lol:

So ...... I thought I would post an update on the latest purchase.

It arrived yesterday on the back of a semi-trailer. I used Prix Cars for a door to door pick-up. It only took a week to get to me from Melbourne, so no complaints about that. I opted for door to door due to the car being unregistered (no big deal) but was told by James that the tyres were well past their used by date and that the coolant overflow bottle has a small hole in it causing it to overheat on a longish journey. Decided that for the little bit extra, I didn't need a possible expensive trip home from Sydney (approx. 2 hours from their depot). I have since organised a coolant bottle from another member which should arrive soon.

Believe it or not, I haven't had the chance to drive it yet (or not that I'm willing to admit anyway) due to the rain and the fact it has no rego. That 80's turbo lag could cause havoc on wet roads .....

So for the moment, it is holed up in the garage, patiently awaiting its turn to be resurrected. It's going to be a long haul project for me which will include a new carpet set, some interior trims being replaced, new fabric for the seats and doors, a new paint job and any hoses/pipes/lines etc being replaced. I'm hoping that by the time I am finished, it will be a restored classic that anyone will be proud to ride in.

Anyway .... some photos of it getting here and finding its new home in my driveway .....

20161215_112740_zps6njfvm9s.jpg

20161215_112857_zpsbsiwwg5w.jpg

20161215_113708_zpsizur2je4.jpg

So ...... I thought I would post an update on the latest purchase.

It arrived yesterday on the back of a semi-trailer. I used Prix Cars for a door to door pick-up. It only took a week to get to me from Melbourne, so no complaints about that. I opted for door to door due to the car being unregistered (no big deal) but was told by James that the tyres were well past their used by date and that the coolant overflow bottle has a small hole in it causing it to overheat on a longish journey. Decided that for the little bit extra, I didn't need a possible expensive trip home from Sydney (approx. 2 hours from their depot). I have since organised a coolant bottle from another member which should arrive soon.

Believe it or not, I haven't had the chance to drive it yet (or not that I'm willing to admit anyway) due to the rain and the fact it has no rego. That 80's turbo lag could cause havoc on wet roads .....

So for the moment, it is holed up in the garage, patiently awaiting its turn to be resurrected. It's going to be a long haul project for me which will include a new carpet set, some interior trims being replaced, new fabric for the seats and doors, a new paint job and any hoses/pipes/lines etc being replaced. I'm hoping that by the time I am finished, it will be a restored classic that anyone will be proud to ride in.

Anyway .... some photos of it getting here and finding its new home in my driveway .....

20161215_113708_zpsizur2je4.jpg

I reckon your having a lend of us and the car is still here in Melbourne:P

That looks in pretty good nick, should resto up very nicely.

Good luck with your projects..

Archived