WTD 3.2 Carrera

AC78

After many years of saving and dreaming i’m now ready to purchase a 3.2 Carrera (or SC), just need to find the right one!

If you or anybody you know has a car that fits the below criteria, please feel free to call or email any time.

I live in the ACT so would prefer to view something close to me, but am prepared to travel anywhere in Australia for the right vehicle ( though preferably not Perth unless we can work out transport!! ). The car will undergo a PPI by reputable mechanic.

Apart from some fairly solid 911 study, i’m pretty new to Porsche purchasing, so feel free to offer me any advice or tell me i’m dreaming!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Criteria:

1980+ Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe – Not interested in Targa or Cabriolet

Non turbo Australian delivered ( but would consider import in excellent condition )

Original ( or pretty damn close! )

Prefer widebody but happily consider narrow

Excellent service history/well maintained/not raced

Prefer something under or around the 200k KM mark Not too fussed on colour but prefer white.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be a much-loved second car but will be driven regularly so it must be reliable.

The car doesn’t have to be a concourse winner – don’t mind if the paint is a little faded, the interior a little worn – as long as the vehicle is mechanically sound.

The car will go to a loving home and remain unmodified and unraced.

Thanks for looking.

Alex 0400 391 698 aretrac07@hotmail.com

Contact Porsche Club Canberra. There has been one on their site for ages for $37000, has 964 bumpers that need to come off though. But also ask them to put the word out as I was talking to one of their members who lives just outside Canberra and he has a better silver one that is much nicer. Unfortunately this conversation was 2 years ago, but he wasn't in a hurry to sell ( think he was thinking about $45000) and it could be sitting around. Sorry don't know his name, but it's a small club and someone might be able to identify it. Only $90 to join anyway. Also check out the back "shed" at Gulson's, they hide the older models out there. If the salesmen are snobby(my experience) chat to Paul at the spare parts counter. Tell him Paul from Lakes Entrance sent you.(Not there on a Saturday)

Good Luck

Paul M

Hi Paul

I am aware of this vehicle however I have dismissed it because it isn't original - which is a shame because the mechanicals and the price sounds great!

While I am keen to tinker on my Porsche, I'm not keen to put a car back to original myself or mess around finding parts, panel beaters and spray painters.

Paul at Gulsons gets regular positive mentions amongst the local Porsche crowd so I will have to have a chat with him.

I will get around to joining the ACT Porsche club at some stage and have already spoken to several members who have been quite helpful.

Thanks again for your imput.

I'm aware of this car, just currently in the process of getting a PPI done on another vehicle. That car has slightly higher KMs than I want but might be worth a look if this current 3.2 i'm getting inspected doesn't work out.

As an aside, I took a colleague's 1980 SC for a drive over the weekend - loved it - still smiling! Am going to amend my initial post to include SCs.

Cheers

Amazing how many 911s are out there if you know which websites to look at!

That's a beautiful example, unusual but very flattering colour too. A little past my budget, and i'd be thinking you can almost get a turbo version of that car for that kind of money.

As above, i've got a car and a PPI all lined up, so hopefully that all works out and the mechanic says I can buy it.

Your'e right Alex, you could probably get a turbo for that money.

The Wide body coupes are a relatively rare car, only 39 (from my understanding) bought into the country in coupe form between 1984 - 1989, and only 259 produced in RHD worldwide.

I love the colour, very 1980's , a time when people weren't afraid to buy Porsches in colours other than Black, Silver or Grey.

I think that particular car is about 10K overpriced, you never know, if you like it make an offer.

But please don't take my advice im biased.. i own one........ speak with Vas he will convince you to buy a turbo.........

Cheers and good luck with the PPI, hope it all works out for you.

Danny

Archived