Subtle differences between SC models

AC78

In seaching for my first 911, i'm discovering lots of subtle differences between the SC models, including differences in models of the same year.

Just wondering if Australian delivered SCs came over here in the same configuration, or if people had a choice of different features.

For example:

Have seen SCs with two side mirrors, some with one.

SCs with side indicators (the ones on the front quarter panels above the front wheels) and some without.

A few SCs with the ugly rear brake light (the luggage handle style that sticks up below the rear window).

SCs with electric windows and some with manual winders.

All of the SCs i'm looking at, both for sale and not for sale, claim to be Australian delivered, but i'm getting conflicting advice about why a 78 might have two side mirrors and a 79 might only has one.

The side blinker thing has really got me stumped!

Grateful for any advice

Cheers Jnr

There's a 78 "Australian delivered" out there for sale with the side blinkers. I asked the seller if they were meant to be there and he said that's how he bought it.

Just had a very negative PPI experience where a vehicle was totally misrepresented so i'm a bit dubious about what some sellers are telling me.

Presumably after 30 odd years some of the history gets a bit lost on some of these cars.

Thanks for clearing up the side mirror thing for me. I would like my 911 to be symetrical and wasn't sure if it was 'model correct' to add a second side mirror if it originally only came with one.

• 3 months later...

I believe the side mirrors were for Euro and Aussie cars only as American cars did not have them, they also had those ugly black impact bumpers on the back and headlight covers.

all SC's came standard with electric windows, if they do not have them, it will be a pre 78 model with 2.7l engine

Archived