Cams License/Import for Race Purposes

Guest vas930

Good question, Rob.

I thought anyone could import a race car.

Cant see why you need a CAMS licence.

However, I get a nice discount on my insurance with it.

Do you get an insurance discount with regular insurers if you have a cams licence? ive been looking at getting one for track days, or just day licences. Might get the Cams then..

Do you get an insurance discount with regular insurers if you have a cams licence? ive been looking at getting one for track days, or just day licences. Might get the Cams then..

as far as i am aware no.

Ummm..., just looked at the DOTARS rules on rally/race cars (as below). Pretty scary. Things have changed I think in last 12-24 months. I was kind of hoping to get something later modelish for club meetings etc.

Vas went past Motion Automotive at 430pm yesterday. Nobody home (.

Import applications for rally/race use will only be considered where the vehicle will be used in serious competition, generally at professional level. Where a particular vehicle model is readily available in the Australian market, an Import Approval will not be granted unless there are compelling reasons to justify why it is necessary to import a vehicle to compete in events in Australia. The fact that a vehicle may be on an eligibility list for an event is not, of itself, a reason to justify the granting of an Import Approval.

Documents required to be submitted with the application form:

• $50.00 application fee

• purchase documents

• copy of CAMS R3 or higher licence or CAMS C3 or higher

• evidence of participation in rallying or closed circuit racing and

• evidence of vehicles homologation,

• certified picture ID of the importer or responsible officer if a company (if you have not imported in the last 12 months you will need to provide your ID again)

Guest vas930

Great work, Rob.

Give Louie a call, he is a one man show.

I got a PCV discount and CAMS licence discount with Shannons. :)

Archived