Sydney to Sunshine Coast transporter..

Hi. I've just bought my first Porsche, a 1970 911 Targa. Very happy!! I was considering driving from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney to collect, putting it on a trailer and driving back but having second thoughts so wondered if anyone out there knew of any decent companys to bring it up for me. Thanks...

I had my car towed from Port Kembla to Sydney Eastern Suburbs. These people were the cheapest by a country mile. http://www.sttg.com.au/

I paid $250 plus gst.

I thought about the trailer idea but the car was a fraction over the max towing weight for the el cheapo Uhaul option. That and the fact it didnt come with tie downs which are expensive for a decent set. Kennards has a trailer and rents out the tie downs. In the end the $250 felt like the best option, it was fully insured etc.

Hi Mark,

i semi regularly have cars transported between Sydney-Brisbane & Sydney Melbourne & reverse. I use CEVA & have had no issues, costs around $1200???? roughly. They have always done a good job. its cheaper if you deliver the car to their depot but they will pick up at your location (costs extra). You need to have the car with almost no fuel in the tank though.

Good luck.

Thanks. I've had a quote off CEVA and Rowdys, Rowdys comes in cheaper at $795 inc GST. I'm still getting quotes but this seems very good. Thanks for your replies. The 911 will need a bit of bodywork, I plan to do most of it myself but will need someone to weld in new outer and inner sills. Any suggestions for the Sunshine Coast??

Archived