Gran Turismo 5 - due for release March 2010

Kerry

Hi Chris,

Always got my eye to the ground (!) for the right new car, however haven't seen anything too interesting lately. There was a great looking 77 930 at the last Shannon's auction which took my interest, and went for a pretty reasonable $74,500, but I was interstate, and didn't get my s..t together! :rolleyes:

As for PSP... can't wait to hear how you go with that... :blink:

News released in the last 24 hrs: GT5 is available for download as a limited demo (one track, 2 cars, but the new technology to GT5Prologue)) on the 17th of December, I'll be away from the PS3 until Christmas so I'll have to let you know how it works sometime after that. ;):)

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

It was a 77 930 that made me see the light as far as Porsches go. My brother-in-law bought one from a guy here in Melbourne about 1984 I think. At the time we lived in Mildura which was a pretty good place to have a car like that. I can remember coming down to Melbourne very early one Sunday morning and see 240kmh on the speedo on 16km of straight road just the other side of wycheproof. I was never the same after that.. So I got my 80. 930 about 8 years ago and sold it 2 years ago and bought the 993.

The youtube ad for GT5 is great. i got the chance 2 years ago to visit the nurburgring and did a lap in the BMW ring taxi, what an experience. I was there again in November but next year i want to go back and do the ring taxi again if I can.

take care speak soon

C

It was a 77 930 that made me see the light as far as Porsches go. My brother-in-law bought one from a guy here in Melbourne about 1984 I think.

Was it a metallic mint green with tobacco leather? I think there were only about 6 that came in to Aust in 1977... and agreed, 16km straights would be a great place to test the limits in that car!! :lol::P

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Yes thats it. There is a real story behind that car. the original owner was the surgeon in Mildura who sold it to a guy here in Melbourne, i think his name was Des Meadows and my brother-in-law bought it from him. So the car ended up back in Mildura which was a bit freaky. He paid $48k for it in 84 and sold it 17 years later for the same amount. Great car! Thats what inspired me and made me set the goal to own one but it had to be a turbo nothing else would do. I have attached a pic of the 930 I had, dont think it has come out too good though.

Cheers

c

post-29-126024163175_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey Kerry,

I saw yesterday that Sony have announced an indefinite delay to the release of GT5. I wonder what happened as it seemed like they were pretty close to launch. Oh well I an enjoying my little PSP, 2 laps of the Nurburgring and I am exhausted!!

Cheers for now

C

WHAT!? :blink:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! :angry:

We've waited for this game update for bloody years now, they put out the demo in December which looks GREAT, and NOW they pull the pin on the March'10 release?!?

I wish there was a better game that could match the level of "realism" that they manage, but there isn't one. SHIFT is pretty good, and the Ring is OK, but it still doesn't compare with GT4, let alone GT5 when it finally comes out...

Ah well, nothing like a cranky old gamer!

;)

Kerry

• 1 month later...

Hey Chris,

I heard a little peep out there in the dub dub dub never never that the reason that GT5 is delayed now until late this year, is that its going to be 3!!!! D!!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

I played GT5Prologue last week on a full HD 1920 kick ar$e 52" screen (apparently GT5P is one of the only games in full HD) and it really was a BIG step up from the screen we had been using. 3D would just be AWESOME!

After seeing Avatar, I just can't wait for ANYTHING 3D! :)

Kerry

Archived