Got lucky again!

thumperson

The 981 went in for its third service today and, lucky me, I got a 718 Boxster S with SC and some other fruit. I think I might have seen one on the road in Brisvegas so they appear to be a bit thin on the ground. 

First up, it is a very nice looking car and I really like the new rear of the car and the way the spoiler integrates. The headlights and front end are pretty special too. Secondly, this a seriously quick car. There is so much torque that it just lunges forwards with any real pressure on the throttle. I got no where near the top third of the rev range but wow it was fast.

The handling was very nice too and probably about 10% quicker in the steering. The ride was pretty stiff as it was on a sports suspension set up without PASM. the interior was very similar to the 981 but I prefer my vents over the new ones. The new PCM is pretty cool and made pairing a phone a two sec deal. It did not have PSE but it was pretty loud as it was and I am not sure you would want it to be as it pops and farts plenty. 

I tried to be really open minded about the car and it really was very good but not special. When I drove away in the freshly serviced Cayman, there was no regret or longing, except for some torque and certainly not at $180k. I suppose I will just have to be buried in mine. 

Archived