Help needed with PCM problem (2015 981 Boxster S)

I started the car this afternoon after a short trip and the PCM would not load maps.  All was working good during the initial trip.  I have since reset the system but this did not work and it continues to hang on "loading maps" then switches to Park Assist, then shuts down and restarts.  All then repeating as above.  I have turned off car and restarted and used Park Assist but the problem remains.  The car is still under warranty so unless someone can suggest a simple fix I will call PC Brighton on Tuesday and book it in.

The continual rebooting of the unit is driving me crazy so I booked in the car and took it in to PC Brighton today.  Result, current PCM unit kaput.  New replacement unit ordered and to be installed on 7 July.  I am glad the car is under warranty as the cost of the new unit is $4500.00 plus labour to install it.  Wow! I am seriously now considering taking the warranty extension offer when warranty runs out in December.  It could be a well spent $2700.00 for another 2 years warranty ($1590 for 1 year).  Good for resale too if I decide to bite the bullet and buy a new 911 in 18 months time.

Archived