944 Factory tie down points

DC242

Well after a bit of a wait my car has finally arrived at the transport depot. I'm hiring a trailer to get it across town but was wondering if there are factory tie down points front and rear.

I don't want to go thru the wheels as I only have heavy duty ratchet straps. 

Just looking for guidance to locations. Cheers

I'm probably the least qualified on this forum to answer your question.  I think the more learned would first ask what year model 944 you have between the 82 to 91/2 line up as I think it varies re tow points.  

My 90 model 944 has a tow hook slot at the front (tow hook should be in your tool kit) in the slot just above the front number plate.  It should have a black plastic cover that will just pull off, & a tow hook point at the rear near the valance (from memory).

Short answer just google "Porsche 944 (insert year model here) tow hook points" & you will receive a wealth of info. 

Hopefully I have answered this correctly or I will look a bit of a Knob (sadly happens to me fairly often!).

I didn't realise the points might vary from year or model. Mines a 1988 model. My google search has given me a general overview but the number of aftermarket hooks far out weigh the factory info.

I'll see whats above the number plate as a start, then if that looks promising I'll go in search of the tool kit.

This is not 'Who wants to be a millionaire" so no wrong answers, unless you told me a hook went in the roof. :)

As far as i can tell there are no factory tie down points on 944, happy to be corrected.

One of mine went on a flatbed once and i used the big structures of the rear trailing arms and the steering rack carrier to tie the car down, in reality they aren't going anywhere with the handbrake on and in gear so you won't need a lot of pressure on these points to hold the car.

I have also seen several cars strapped around the wheels.

Well, I picked the car up today and can confirm there are no factory tie down points. I did find the screw/hook attachment that Jason E mentioned but didn't find anywhere to put it, so left it in the tool kit. 

Anyway, went around the passenger side control arm and the rear trailing arm then avoided any sudden stops or lane changes.

Home in one piece. Thanks all.

Archived