Newbie to the porsche scene...

GEZZA 911

Hi all not sure if this is in the right section or not??....

Anyway a little about me, i emmigrated with my family from the uk at the end of last year to WA to start a new life for us, I am a prison officer in training at the moment and having had mainly jap cars over the last 10 years i now fancy a porsche 911.

I nearly got one about 4 years ago in the uk it was a 3.0 sc in gold looked great, but the deal fell thru so that was the closest i got to it (was swapping my impreza wrx for it).

Anyway i now drive a very car also a R33 skyline m25 tommy kaira the only known one in wa..

But i/we want a 911 we are hoping to get 3.2 turbo bodied 1987 ish model ie with the g50 box, we will be looking into it early next year when funds arent as tight...

Anyway thats a little about me and my ideas....

Be gentle with me cheers Gerry!!

Hi Gerry,

Welcome aboard.

I moved your topic from "Announcements" to "Ownership & Enthusiasm". I'm new to this moderator jobbie and hope I have done the right thing.

We get to enjoy our cars a lot more over here, unlike the UK we don't have to worry too much about getting snowed in :D

Unfortunatelly, when it comes to 911s we seem to pay a lot more for the pleasure than in the UK :(

Feel free to post any questions you may have on p-cars.

Enjoy.

Cheers yeah i have noticed they are virtually triple the price of the uk cars!! :(

But its all good as the wife is on board with me getting one!!

Just gonna save some money then sell the skyline to get one when i have roughly enough funds.....

Yours looks sweet Douglas virtually the exact one we would be chasing!!

I have never been able to understand the size of the price diff between Oz and the UK. I know our dry climate and no salt on the roads is much kinder on the cars, but still we do seem to pay a high premium. Equally cars imported from the UK sell for quite a discount to Oz delievered cars.

I did see a grey wide body 3.2 for sale in Perth earlier this year. I think they were asking about $63k. It seemed to be on the market for a while.

Good luck with your hunt.

Welcome aboard Gerry!

"R33 skyline m25 tommy kaira" - NICE CAR!

Still, the 911 is a different breed, and one that keeps on giving - allow me to demonstrate...

I just got back from picking up the pizza tonight. At one point I was waiting at a set of lights, and I felt eyes upon me. I looked around to see a gang o' good ol' boys having their ciggas outside at the local pub, and all were looking at me, or, actually, my car. I returned their gaze, and received a unanimous "thumbs up" and nod of approval as I gave them a bit of throaty exhaust and chirpy tires. Twenty minutes later (after being told the pizza would be another 15 minutes - 30 actually), I'm sitting out the front of the place, and a guy comes to my window and asks if it is a 75' Carrera, then qualifies the question with "a REAL one?!" Cheeky bugger! He then pointed to his 82' Carrera across the road, and a 10 minute conversation ensued. I can't tell you how many times that has happened, total strangers just want to come up and chat about these curious little cars.

When you're ready to start your new car search in earnest, post a thread, and we'll all take delight in helping you find a beauty. You might have to drive it back from the east coast though... :P:)

Cheers,

Kerry

Cheers kerry yeah i got my skyline form the east coast although i had it shipped over...

Next time ie when we get the porsche i will drive it back if its interstate...!!!

Just gotta save now!!

But i will keep you guys/girls updated on my/our progress :)

I just got back from picking up the pizza tonight.

You pick up pizza in your P-car? :huh:

Isn't that what the daily driver is for?

Me, I prefer the oily smell of a flat six worked hard :D ...doesn't the smell of pizzas linger for days in your car. :(

You pick up pizza in your P-car? :huh:

Isn't that what the daily driver is for?

Me, I prefer the oily smell of a flat six worked hard :D ...doesn't the smell of pizzas linger for days in your car. :(

Doug, Doug, Doug, surely when you get back from one of those long overseas trips, all you want to do is get back in the saddle and burn!?! And if that means picking up pizza.... :rolleyes::DB)

However, speaking of, it must be getting close to time for another spin sometime pretty soon into the new year eh? Mark down in Mt Martha seems keen as well maybe...

As for the smell of pizzas, nothing a little burnt rubber can't sort out! ;):P

Kerry

Archived