SOLD: New Mahle 3.2 Pistons and Cylinders - Euro

Shed clean out and change of plans as I've foolishly convinced myself to go to 98mm bores and have since bought a set of eye wateringly expensive Mahle pistons to do so.

So I have one set of 6 new standard 95mm p&c's in the higher Euro compression ratio that fit will any model 3.2 that are surplus to my requirements.

Rings are fitted and each piston is inserted in the cylinder by Mahle at the factory

All but one is still in a sealed box.  The one unsealed has been opened for photo purposes only.

$3950 ono.

PM me if interested.AZnFCS4.jpg

X6ftJI0.jpg

On 03/02/2018 at 10:41 PM, Peter M said:

Shed clean out and change of plans as I've foolishly convinced myself to go to 98mm bores and have since bought a set of eye wateringly expensive Mahle pistons to do so.

So I have one set of 6 new standard 95mm p&c's in the higher Euro compression ratio that fit will any model 3.2 that are surplus to my requirements.

Rings are fitted and each piston is inserted in the cylinder by Mahle at the factory

All but one is still in a sealed box.  The one unsealed has been opened for photo purposes only.

$3950 ono.

PM me if interested.AZnFCS4.jpg

X6ftJI0.jpg

On 6 February 2018 at 7:44 PM, Peter M said:

Pelican Parts have these for sale $3904 plus $169 for shipping or $4073 USD.  

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/911M/POR_911M_ENGPIS_pg3.htm#item3

By my calculation, landed here with our sub 80c exchange rate, GST and the duty fee would mean about $5,900 AUD.........

Actually the Pelican Parts referenced are the cheaper Graf brand, not the renown Mahle Brand I have for sale.

Bit more detail:

The Mahle part number for each assembly is 503 55 92.

If you look up the Mahle Product Catalog you will see that this is the recommended replacement assembly for the 231hp version of the 3.2.  In this example for a 930.26 engine type:

https://catalog.mahle-aftermarket.com/gb/engine.xhtml?eid=1745&r=0.3293389787578964

If your 3.2 is an Australian delivered MY84 or 85, they are a direct bolt in replacement.

If your 3.2 is an Australian delivered post MY 85 car, they are still bolt in but will raise the compression from 9.3:1 to the same as the earlier cars (10.3:1).  With the appropriate ECU chip, this will raise the hp from 207/217 to 231hp like the MY84&85 cars.

If your 3.2 is a UK car, they where all 231hp across the years and therefore a direct swap.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised that no one has grabbed these already!

Might have to keep them for my next 3.2 rebuild if I don't get a serious offer! :)

I guess clearing out my mail box to allow contact might help too....:unsure:

• 4 months later...
On 2/15/2018 at 10:07 PM, Peter M said:

Bit more detail:

The Mahle part number for each assembly is 503 55 92.

If you look up the Mahle Product Catalog you will see that this is the recommended replacement assembly for the 231hp version of the 3.2.  In this example for a 930.26 engine type:

https://catalog.mahle-aftermarket.com/gb/engine.xhtml?eid=1745&r=0.3293389787578964

If your 3.2 is an Australian delivered MY84 or 85, they are a direct bolt in replacement.

If your 3.2 is an Australian delivered post MY 85 car, they are still bolt in but will raise the compression from 9.3:1 to the same as the earlier cars (10.3:1).  With the appropriate ECU chip, this will raise the hp from 207/217 to 231hp like the MY84&85 cars.

If your 3.2 is a UK car, they where all 231hp across the years and therefore a direct swap.

Hi do you still have pistons and barrels 

Archived