924 Fuel Accumulator replacement

Barry 924 Martini

I started my 1977 924 Martini up this morning and reversed over a pool of fuel on the ground.

Further inspection was fuel leaking out of both accumulators at the bottom screw. So I need to replace them myself.

My question is, the Bosch part number of the originals is 0438 170 015. It seems I can get these from the US

E-bay for about $125 US plus freight. But there are also Bosch Accumulators 0438 170 007 that they say are compatable with

"77 '78 924s and they are about $40 US cheaper on E-bay. Can anyone advise me if I can use the 0438 170 007 ones

as a cheaper alternative.

Thanks

Barry

Add it up and see what it'll cost all up including delivery. Then call up your local Porsche centre and see what they can get it for. Each time i've compared OEM parts from US and from Porsche centre melb, local is always cheaper, or might be a little more expensive, but works out cheaper because you pay way less for delivery. 

14 hours ago, Carman said:

Hi barry

I have a martini

is yours an Aussie delivered ?

greg :)

Yes, I bought it in 1987  in Adelaide from the first owner. It was one of 3 to SA I believe, my boss had one too. Still in pretty good unrestored condition, garaged and driven mildly since then.

I am going to put it on the market regretably in the near future. Have been lucky to own it for 31 years.

12 hours ago, Pauly said:

Add it up and see what it'll cost all up including delivery. Then call up your local Porsche centre and see what they can get it for. Each time i've compared OEM parts from US and from Porsche centre melb, local is always cheaper, or might be a little more expensive, but works out cheaper because you pay way less for delivery. 

Thanks for that advise, did not give that a thought.  Will ring around Aus and see how it goes. Would rather spend the money here if possible.

Archived