SSI headers and muffler?

Hi all, 

another question from anyone that may add their experience; I am considering SSI extractors and muffler for my 3 litre 911sc and while I appreciate that there is considerable cost can anyone vouch one way or the other as to their experience please? I'm looking for a more throaty sound while under load whilst still being quiet in normal driving as well as some extra horsepower. Any opinions are appreciated.

tristan

Hi all, 
another question from anyone that may add their experience; I am considering SSI extractors and muffler for my 3 litre 911sc and while I appreciate that there is considerable cost can anyone vouch one way or the other as to their experience please? I'm looking for a more throaty sound while under load whilst still being quiet in normal driving as well as some extra horsepower. Any opinions are appreciated.
tristan

I am just fitting SSI heat exchangers (extractors) to my 2.2s. I am leaving the original muffler as the SSI tailpipe is larger and will affect the original look and the original is visible and has patina. I have been told the SSI heat exchangers do make a difference. The muffler apparently makes even more of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From driving 2 3.0 litre cars back to back with mine having SSi's and a modified stock muffler, I'd agree with what people say in that they add some bottom end torque. As for the difference in sound I can't comment, as to me all the noise would mostly come from the muffler

About 10 years back I added ssi's & a dansk ('sport' from memory....larger outlet than standard size) muffler to my C3.0 to replace the factory setup.  Very happy with the SSI's and at the time thought the only mistake was the larger 'sport' muffler.  Now I love it (perhaps I've lost a bit of hearing....).  Wouldn't hesitate to go down the same path again.

3 hours ago, MattKH said:

I am just fitting SSI heat exchangers (extractors) to my 2.2s. I am leaving the original muffler as the SSI tailpipe is larger and will affect the original look and the original is visible and has patina. I have been told the SSI heat exchangers do make a difference. The muffler apparently makes even more of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived