Rust Protection

Doish13

Hi all,

Need some help here.

I'm looking at doing some preventative work on my 911 in terms of rust protection. It appears I have 3 choices:

1) spray on rust preventator myself which some say even new engine oil can benefit - is there one brand out there better than others? I can imagine best to park on the street for a couple of days after.

2) same as above however done by a professional in their work shop - anyone know of someone reputable in Sydney and ball park costing.

3) tonight my searches on line made me cone across some workshops in northern suburbs who subscribe to an electronic device that prevents rust called Rust Pro. Antonella know if it works? I'm skeptical.

I realize best to just keep the car clean and clear of built up dirt etc and even though it's a galvanized model I would like to do something it in order as after almost 40 years the welds etc will be prone. I'm driving a 78 so am aware of the galvanized status.

Lastly, around my exhaust on the body near the bumper I have yellow discoloring from the pipe - is there anything I can do to get rid of the discoloring?

Hope someone can help here.

Archived