re indexing rear torsion bars on 944 S2

Sebastian 944 S2

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. 

My name is Sebastian.

Just bought a 944 S2. 

it just needs a little lower.:)

After countless hours of research and talking to Buchanan and Hamilton, there are 2 options. 

Saving and waiting a few more months for Koni coilover kit.

Or getting 968 CS front springs and reindexing the rear torsion bars.

I'd prefer 968 CS front spring combination to try first, but after hearing the prices for the amount of labour it might need, I'm a little shocked.

It seems that re indexing the rear comes almost as expensive as buying the coilover kit.

So to the question, anyone here around Sydney who has done it before, and has the tools and means and will to help me?

Of course I'm happy to pay reasonable money.

Please let me know guys.

Cheers

Untitled.jpg

Seb

What are the condition of your shocks? Do they need replacing or is it the rear ride height only that needs adjusting.

The tools needed are relatively cheap, and last a life time if you buy good tools. 

A Coil spring compressor tool is less for changing out the front coils is less than a $100 at any auto parts store.

Changing the rear shocks is pretty staight forward. I needed to buy a beaker bar to get the nuts to move, when I replaced my shocks, with Koni yellows.

All the info is available to do it yourself. 

Lots of expert advise is available on the forum, I'm not an expert though, but I did it.

Very satisfying to do it yourself. And I am a rookie.

5 hours ago, Sebastian 944 S2 said:

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. 

My name is Sebastian.

Just bought a 944 S2. 

it just needs a little lower.:)

After countless hours of research and talking to Buchanan and Hamilton, there are 2 options. 

Saving and waiting a few more months for Koni coilover kit.

Or getting 968 CS front springs and reindexing the rear torsion bars.

I'd prefer 968 CS front spring combination to try first, but after hearing the prices for the amount of labour it might need, I'm a little shocked.

It seems that re indexing the rear comes almost as expensive as buying the coilover kit.

So to the question, anyone here around Sydney who has done it before, and has the tools and means and will to help me?

Of course I'm happy to pay reasonable money.

Please let me know guys.

Cheers

Hi Sebastian

Welcome to the 944 world!  As a person who's had a few 944s and reindexed torsion bars, I can tell you that even if you go to coilovers, you'll still have to bite the bullet and either reindex or remove the rear torsion bars.  Unless you index or remove the torsion bars, adding coilovers to the rear of a 944 will only raise the height, which of course you don't want...  As Buchanans and Hamiltons have told you, it's a long-ish labour-intensive job that can be a bit trial and error to get right.  If you were in Brisbane, we could work something out, but Sydney is a bit far.  Good luck with getting it set to your requirements?

Archived