Electric Power Steering for your Porsche...not the new 991 model

Harvs11

There's been a lot of debate about the merits or otherwise of Electric Power Steering (EPS) making an appearance in the new 991 series 911's. EPS is making inroads to all makes as manufacturers see it as a way to reduce fuel consumption and save a bit of weight in their cars. This isn't just for new cars. I recently read an article about Electric Power steering installation into older classic cars in Octane magazine. I thought this was a great use of the new EPS technology.

A quick search found a blog on Pelican Parts detailing the installation of EPS into a 1982 911SC.

http://forums.pelica...r-steering.html

Out of curiosity, I contacted the maker of this unit to find out more.

Here's an extract of the emailed reply:

EZ Power Steering has sold many 911 LHD Power Steering kits over the last few years. Unfortunately we haven’t yet converted a RHD 911...Since we have had more enquiries for RHD kits over the last few months, I have started looking for a RHD 911 here in Holland. I have found one and will get confirmation this afternoon if EZ Power Steering must fit a power steering unit to this particular car. The price for the 911 Power Steering kit is 1530 Euro and the shipping charges by DHL Express are 140 Euro.

...We will be collecting the RHD Porsche 911 Mid November and anticipate to have the Power Steering kit for the RHD 911 ready by the end of November, both for cars with A/C and without A/C.

With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet

Roger Reijngoud WWW.EZPOWERSTEERING.NL

TEL. 00 31 345633551

Basic installation instructions were also supplied. This is a job that can be done by anyone with a few basic mechanical skills

Harv.

PS. I have no commercial relationship to EZ Power Steering, I just thought this would be of interest to some of the P car fraternity.

Archived