981 19" Tyres

TwoHeadsTas

On 17/08/2021 at 22:24, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just looked, our set of V105s cost $1932, $1640 is a great deal!!!

Yes PCM quoted me around $2K at my last service. I paid $1,490, so pretty happy. Tyres are now on. Haven’t really had an opportunity to test them in any meaningful way, however first impression was meaty steering and good initial turn in. Ride quality seems about the same as the cooked Pirellis. My car has PASM.

16 hours ago, moosey said:

Are you definitely talking about rubbing, or do you mean the Ackerman angle grabbing typically experienced with cold tyres on full lock?

I didn't know it was called the Ackerman angle but that is what I am talking about. My car did it with the Pirellis but the Yokohamas appear to have eliminated it. Didn't change anything else but tyres and my car is stock.

33 minutes ago, NineEightOne said:

I didn't know it was called the Ackerman angle but that is what I am talking about. My car did it with the Pirellis but the Yokohamas appear to have eliminated it. Didn't change anything else but tyres and my car is stock.

Yep, same, used to always happen when backing out of our driveway

Will be interesting to see if my experience is the same. Alfa Romeo Giulia demonstrates the same characteristic on full lock and cold tyres. Both cars have nice aggressive front end geometry for turn in and feel. The tyre scrubbing characteristic is a bi-product of the setup. Small price to pay for sharpness and feedback, I say. Surprising that a tyre change can make a difference to the scrubbing.