Headlight washer relay 77 Carrera 3.0

Nifitsa911

HI All,

I am new to the forum and it looks like there is a lot of useful content.

I have a 1977 Carrera 3.0 which has headlight washers. I have worked out that they are not working because of the relay but it is proving to be hard to find a replacement. It is a 4 pin with the code on it as 12V 5W 002789-00 Brand Hella. I called Hella have not idea of the numbers on this one. I assume because it may be from EU. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

See pic below:

post-1061-0-56913100-1355892056_thumb.jp

Cheers

HI All,

I am new to the forum and it looks like there is a lot of useful content.

I have a 1977 Carrera 3.0 which has headlight washers. I have worked out that they are not working because of the relay but it is proving to be hard to find a replacement. It is a 4 pin with the code on it as 12V 5W 002789-00 Brand Hella. I called Hella have not idea of the numbers on this one. I assume because it may be from EU. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

See pic below:

post-1061-0-56913100-1355892056_thumb.jp

Cheers

Hi this relay can be bought NOS. Part # 928-618-111-00-OEM It is a special relay as it has a timing mechanism in it. So enables you to hit the switch but it only runs for a prescribed time.

It costs $99 (USD) pelican parts have them.

I replaced mine with a Bosch one, the pins need to be modified but it works, your local Auto Sparky will beable to do it for you in under 5 minutes and for under $30.00.

Just don't hold the switch on as it will empty the reservoir very quickly.....................

I can post up the relay # and picture if you like?

Archived