996 C2 rear brake light delete

Mttel

All,

considering a fixed wing on a 1999 C2 and wondering if any one has done a third brake delete, not just the cover plate but a smooth rear deck plate similar to what was done on the classic coupe.

More specifically will part number 996-503-211-02-GRV which is the rear deck lid (piece between the glass and the rear boot lid) for the turbo (no break light recess) fit as a replacement for 996-503-211-01-GRV which is the stock C2 deck lid (third light recess).

I know turbo is wide body and C2 is narrow but I understand this is in the guards not in the body so think width should be ok, just not sure about width between glass and boot and mounting points.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Interesting approach.

My 2c

You would think that the turbo one would suffice, but, considering the current one needs replacing anyway, then why not have the beater fill the hole (weld plate) , prep, paint and refit?

Probably similar coin either way, but at least you will be guaranteed of fitment!

8 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Interesting approach.

My 2c

You would think that the turbo one would suffice, but, considering the current one needs replacing anyway, then why not have the beater fill the hole (weld plate) , prep, paint and refit?

Probably similar coin either way, but at least you will be guaranteed of fitment!

That was the other option I was considering particularly if deleting the rear wiper as well. Haven’t looked into cost as yet so was just seeing what others had done.

From pictures online half seem to leave as is and not worry about it. I was thinking for $1200 to $1500 it would clean up the look a bit.