ODB-II

pocketscience

I picked up a cheap Bluetooth scanner (Kiwi3). However I can’t get anything (the official app or other options) to make the final connection the ECU in my MY97 993. The Bluetooth connection is fine. 

My understanding was that cars from MY96 moved to ODB-II, so perplexed why I can’t get this to work. 

Can anyone confirm when 911’s moved to ODB-II?

The 993 OBD is a little tricky to access as it has two can connections, 1) DME & 2) CCU,SRS,ABS/ALARM. BERGVILL FX make an OBD adaptor that will allow you run opensauce software that you can download from their site.

I have their OBD adaptor that you are welcome come and use, I have tried my Rosstech & Autel & a few other scanners with no luck. Send me a PM if you are interested or need more info.

Warren

Thats it, the ‘95 models used ODB1 & ‘96 >’98 used OBD2, As I said the only one I could get yo work was the Bergvill adaptor. The Bentley service manual states that there are some scanners out there that work but It doesn’t list them, is there a specific fault you are trying to trace. I have all of the wiring diagrams

Right, ok. No I'm not after anything in particular, more just general interest and maybe a bit of data logging on drives. The maker of the Kiwi devices claim their dongles work with all ODB-II cars. https://www.plxdevices.com/obdii-compliant-vehicles-s/153.htm

Do you happen to know which protocol Porsche use? There's a bunch of options and my research tells me it's "ISO 9141-2"