?Oil leak vs water condensation spot

I just noted a wet area on garage floor approx. Diameter the size of a standard bucket underneath the engine of my 993

Never noted it previously. Last two days in melb heavy rains and my garage floor can feel damp after such rains.....it's a closed garage door garage. Similar but much smaller spots under engine of other car in garage.

Wiped some of the moisture the wet area under 993.....no obvious smell.....would I expect a petrol type odour if it was an oil leak?

I plan to let it dry then put some fresh paper there and see what happens......

Drove the 993 this morning.....no issues

Advices? Thoughts?

6 hours ago, 911virgin said:

I just noted a wet area on garage floor approx. Diameter the size of a standard bucket underneath the engine of my 993

Never noted it previously. Last two days in melb heavy rains and my garage floor can feel damp after such rains.....it's a closed garage door garage. Similar but much smaller spots under engine of other car in garage.

Wiped some of the moisture the wet area under 993.....no obvious smell.....would I expect a petrol type odour if it was an oil leak?

I plan to let it dry then put some fresh paper there and see what happens......

Drove the 993 this morning.....no issues

Advices? Thoughts?

Get a dry spot for the car or all that moisture will travel through the car ;)

15 minutes ago, tomo said:

Get a dry spot for the car or all that moisture will travel through the car ;)

I put some plastic sheeting over the moisture spot and a piece of paper on the plastic. The paper remains dry so it's not an oil leak.

I don't have another place for the car so will cover the wet spot with something absorbent

50 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

I put some plastic sheeting over the moisture spot and a piece of paper on the plastic. The paper remains dry so it's not an oil leak.

I don't have another place for the car so will cover the wet spot with something absorbent

Was it like it before all the rain? It might dry out when things get back to normal.