TOTAL911 now on your iPhone!

You know when "She Who Shall Be..." is in fittingroom for the 19th time, and you're standing around with nothing to do... SHAZAM!

TOTAL911 on your iPhone!

I like the way this technology is going!

$2.49 for the app', 1st issue free, and then $5.99 per issue after that. OK, no substitute for ink & paper, but it sure does solve the "I've just sat down for a quiet read, and damn, I forgot me magazine! :angry: " problem, if you know what I mean?!?! :blink::lol: (pre-supposing that your phone is always in your pocket, and glasses!) ;)

Nice work Phil!

Kerry

I am a techie guy, I have an iPhone and I am a Mac devotee BUT I still can't bring myself to pay for online-delivered magazine content. Or music for that matter.

I really want the glossy, smell of newsprint / ink / whatever chemicals. And I like the form factor of an A4 thingy to flick through. For some strange reason, reading on a laptop seems harder on the eyes and the brain than skimming a mag, eating a burger or whatever. Perhaps I am just weird. And I am sure my wife would be 'a bit unhappy' if, after working on the desktop all day, I surfed the internet from the couch while watching TV in the evening, then I started reading, even Porsche stuff, on my iPhone in bed!

Perhaps the new iPad might sway me... Even dinosaurs have to evolve or perish...

I'm with you. I find it really difficult to read too much on the PC even though I am staring at it most of the day... I always enjoy flicking through a magazine, not sure how the Ipad, e readers will take off but mags for me too!!

Cheers

chris

Yes, the old paper and ink, I don't think the magazine publishers have too much to worry about losing this medium any time soon (also considering Australia has one of the highest, if not the highest, consumption of magazine per capita), and it is a pain in the butt trying to read that little script on a iPhone screen, but you guys don't seem to remember... I'm a photographer - we ONLY look at the pictures!! :rolleyes::D

AnneMaree has her eyes set on an iPad so I'll report back on that one later. You still have to remember to take the it with you to the couch/hammock/loo/bed etc... How many of us have our phone in our pockets throughout the day? I think it does have a place in our over information filled days - your back pocket! :)

Kerry

Still, since downloading the first free issue, have I read it? Nup!

But it is there if I need to.... :huh:;)

I've had the ap for a while and hadn't really used it until I made the mistake of walking past the ladies shoe department of Myer Southland last Sunday. :(

I had time to download the latest magazine and read for a half hour or so. It beat sitting around doing nothing while the boss tried on various pairs of shoes. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Roy.

Hi all,

My other hobby is breeding 4 legged Horse power, so i get a lot of on line magazines and just can't get into them <_< unlike the printed artical. Keep the Magazines comming ( ex printer )and dinosaur.

Steve.

Archived