Why is my 993 recirculation appear to be disconnected ?

Ardyne

Ive heard this is the way some cars left the factory but not sure. Looks like the vaccuum is there but disconnected and plugged. I can hear something whirring when i push the recirc button. Ive looked under the dash where i believe the servo is but cant see anything moving. Is it something i need to address or do some models work differently. ? Thanks, its a MY 96 UK C4

20230930_182313.thumb.jpg.a39160591dccad05eca2315c716241a5.jpg

18 minutes ago, tomo said:

Have a look on Rennlist plenty of info on their site.

Thanks Tomo, found snippets of it but no real answer. I may just get in there and see whats going on myself. When i push the button there is a change in airflow. If i find anything ill post it.....also found my rear fan was unplugged so that was a win.

56 minutes ago, Ardyne said:

Thanks Tomo, found snippets of it but no real answer. I may just get in there and see whats going on myself. When i push the button there is a change in airflow. If i find anything ill post it.....also found my rear fan was unplugged so that was a win.

Well you are off to a good start 👍 .

If you read the description in this link it is all revealed.  Warren https://www.bergvillfx.com/categories/964993-hvac-system-details

PS, if your rear fan (engine) has been disconnected you might find that either of the two mixing valves are stuck open and the previous owner has disconnected the fan to stop the cabin from overheating. 

19 hours ago, WB997.2GTS said:

If you read the description in this link it is all revealed.  Warren https://www.bergvillfx.com/categories/964993-hvac-system-details

PS, if your rear fan (engine) has been disconnected you might find that either of the two mixing valves are stuck open and the previous owner has disconnected the fan to stop the cabin from overheating. 

Thanks Warren, hvac seems to be behaving as it should heat wise but i will keep that in mind incase its a  sporadic failure. The rear fan itself is ok. It behaves like it should on max heat and fan settings on 1 and 2.