Some 30 or 40 PCV members have just returned from this event held at Mt Panorama over the Easter break. It was conducted under the auspices of the Festival of Sporting Cars (FoSC) who organised the multi-day event that attracted some 800 (yes, 800) cars, ranging from clubmans to vintage mustangs & jags, historic group A cars (think L34 Toranas, JPS BMWs etc) and many, many others over six full days of competition, including 170 Porsches from the registered clubs around Australia.

Needles to say it was pretty spectacular. From our accommodation overlooking the Chase, to the organisation of track time & hospitality (partner friendly) by Porsche Cars Australia, to the camaraderie of all the owners / drivers, to the spectacular array of P-cars going around including two Porsche Museum cars flown out from Stuttgart (a GT1 and a Martini-liveried Le Mans 935) and of course the opportunity to drive Australia's most famous and challenging circuit at race pace!

I had a real blast in the GT3, only my age and courage levels limiting my absolute lap times. Alright, I was a bit talent-limited as well!

For those with insomnia, a more detailed report with picture galleries can be found here: Porsche Cars at Bathurst

Hi Greg,

Sounds like a great weekend and terrific experience. Would have loved to see all those cars together and to get the experience of driving around the track at anything above 60kmh must have been truly awesome.

Dont sell yourself short I have seen you drive and its pretty impressive....

Cheers

Chris

Hi Greg,

I saw the Martini 935 and GT1 at PCM today. They are only there for a couple more days then off to Porsche Centre Brighton for the PCV club night next week. Truly awesome cars!!

Regards,

Andy S

Hi Greg,

I throughly enjoyed the event too. I was sharing Nicks white 997 GT3.

I've put a couple of the in car videos on youtube and put a link on the video page.

DavidP

Hi David,

Great video! Watching this footage bought the experience back to life again.

Looking forward to the next time already!

Archived