Washer bottle overflow

Simonk

Good evening everyone

This morning I topped up the windscreen washer bottle and noticed water pouring out behind the bumper. Upon closer inspection, there's a tube that looks like it comes out the top of the bottle in front of the left wheel. It goes into the metal frame in front of the bottle and protrudes about 2 inches through the other side.

So, is this an overflow or is it supposed to be attached to something like the headlight washers? I can't test them because the motor for the headlight washers isn't working.

Good evening everyone

This morning I topped up the windscreen washer bottle and noticed water pouring out behind the bumper. Upon closer inspection, there's a tube that looks like it comes out the top of the bottle in front of the left wheel. It goes into the metal frame in front of the bottle and protrudes about 2 inches through the other side.

So, is this an overflow or is it supposed to be attached to something like the headlight washers? I can't test them because the motor for the headlight washers isn't working.

Work out your plumbing here http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/911-84-86/porsche_911_parts.php

I removed the ridiculous amount of German piping and tanking and went with a 1 litre stainless drink bottle instead. No more algae; weight saving etc

Archived