Please view this car for me

Gerry Van

Hi all,

Have found this car in West Hoxton, Sydney. I'm not sure how to attach the link but the info is below. If anyone wanted to go to www.carsales.com.au and have a look at the photos and give me some feedback it would be very much appreciated. Also, would anyone know of a good place to get a PPI carried out not to far from West Hoxton, that would be really appreciated. Thanks, Gerry van

1982 PORSCHE 911

$39,500*

View matching dealer cars

Previous car Next car

View more images

Vehicle Details

Last Modified Date 21/05/2010

Vehicle 1982 PORSCHE 911

Price $39,500*

Kilometres 57,000

Interior Colour TAN LETHER

Colour JET BLACK

Transmission 5 speed Manual

Body 2 door 4 seat COUPE

Drive Type Rear

Engine 6 cylinder Petrol Multi-point injected 3.0L (2990cc)

Reg Plate JET-911

Reg Expiry JAN-2010

Road Worthy Certificate Yes

Vehicle ID 6169751

Brief Comments USA IMPORTED PORSCHE 3.2LTR INJECTED

Comments

3.2LTR INJECTED 5 SPEED MANUEL, 19INC RIMS FITTED WITH PIRRELL PZERO TIRES, WITH 90% TREAD FRONT AND REAR. DUEL EXHURST WHICH SOUNDS PERFECT. FULL TAN LETHER TRIM , WITH AN 8INC JVC TV,DVD,CD PLAYER WITH SPLITS. WHITE GAUGES. C2 UPDATED BODY KIT WITH STEEL WIDE BODY TURBO SPOILER. PLEASE NO TIME WASTERS DON'T WANT DON'T BUY. YOUR CALL. PHONE ANTHONY ON 0408407624 IT WILL NOT DISAPOINT YOU.

Seller Details

Contact Name Anthony

Suburb WEST HOXTON

Location NSW

PostCode 2171

If its a US import then its had a RHD conversion, so you would want to be sure that it was done well and take the lower ultimate resale into account if/when negotiating price...

Hi Gerry,

2 main things I would be considering here. With an import and the body modifications, I lot has been pulled apart and put back together on this car so you will need to be certain the work has been done well.

As per Wobbly's comments, it will be harder to sell an import so you would want to be buying it at for a price that reflects this.

My personal taste is nice and stock / original but this is just a personal opinion so you have to buy something that appeals to your tastes.

For this sort of money check out Carsales.com.au Vehicle ID number 7691974 for a stock 3.2 Cab with G50 box, ultra low Km's with history and 2 sets of rims. Again though, this suits what I like which wont be for everyone. Would be tempted to buy this for myself but the wife would shoot me.

PS - The owner of this car isn't my brother / mate etc

Good luck.

Andy S

2 main things I would be considering here. With an import and the body modifications, I lot has been pulled apart and put back together on this car so you will need to be certain the work has been done well.

Yeah, and it looks like it has had a heart transplant as well :unsure:

Hi Gerry,

Looks like a bit of a bitsa to me. Import, engine change, R/H conversion,wheels et al.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you realize that is what you are getting yourself into.

Not my kind of car, prefer a more original car with a few improvements.

An original type car is always better property in the long run at least you know exactly what you are getting for your money.

Remember the old adage "measure twice, cut once" A wrong car can be a miserable experience.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Dave

Thanks all,

You're definately right l'm going to pay a bit extra and get something that is original living out west the last thing l need is trouble, there are some nice cars on the market at the moment, it's just getting to view them bit of a mission...

Archived