LA to SF through the windscreen

Well I landed at LAX only to find that my flight to SFO had been cancelled, and I was rescheduled for Tuesday....2 days stuck in LA with no hotel, when I am supposed to be in San Fran for Monday morning.

think....what would a car guy do....

Straight to the rental counter- ok if I take a car here and return it to SFO? Yes, no problem sir. How about that black camaro out the front, sir? I will give it to you for half the normal rate because we are out of cars.

Done!

So what I did was take a series of snapshots through the windscreen as I was driving along. I was hoping to work it into a sideshow, but for the moment you can just view the images by clicking the left < link next to the photo ( click on the link below to open in Flickr)

Gives a feel for the trip from South to North California through the letterbox hole that passes for a windscreen in a modern Camaro.

9234163097_ee7831c3a3.jpg

Click here to see all the images

I had the pure pleasure of driving a similar muscle car (a Mustang GT) from SF to Monterey two years ago. So totally different to the Porsche, but man was it fun!

That scoop on the bonnet was massively high!

Photo is a big dark, but it sort of suits the car...

DSC_0006_zps87e1712f.jpg

I had the pure pleasure of driving a similar muscle car (a Mustang GT) from SF to Monterey two years ago. So totally different to the Porsche, but man was it fun!

That scoop on the bonnet was massively high!

Photo is a big dark, but it sort of suits the car...

DSC_0006_zps87e1712f.jpg

Ha, I think you win the rental car prize there.

Archived