944 Power Steering Rack Rebuild - Kit or vendor?

xtac

Hi all, I started diving into rebuilding the PS rack in my 951 today, only to discover that the Rennbay kit does not suit RHD models.

Does anyone have a line on where I can source the seals etc?

Porsche Center Brisbane tells me they are NLA :(

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good shop to have it rebuilt by?

I'd much prefer to do it myself, but if there's no other option, I'll pay a shop.

Thanks in advance!

Lee.

I believe your PS pump is the same as my 964 PS pump. I bought a rebuild kit from Engine Builders Supply Co in Reno Nevada (as with all my top end rebuild parts). I also have a number of the seals in good condition here if I can help and they are the same.

Hi guys, I've spoken to Col Robinson in Brisbane, whom Porsche Brisbane farm this work out to.

He has quoted me $130AUD + GST, which is not too crazy.

I'm currently waiting on an email back from a UK company as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I purchased the seals i needed for my 944 power steering pump from Jetseal at Murrarie for $13! let me know if you need any help as there is nothing too them! i expect the rack will be in the same sort of price range

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread because my rack failed yesterday. It was rebuilt 6 months ago, but if I can't get warranty on it I will rebuild it myself.

xtac, could you tell me where you ended up buying your seal kit? And how did you go with rebuilding the rack?

Cheers.

Archived