Rev and Speedo HUD for 911?

Kerry

When I'm on the track I sometimes find myself wishing that the review of either my speed, and/or my revs as I approach a corner, was a little closer to the windscreen and didn't take as long when your eyes have to adjust from outside to inside. I know there are MOTEC type engine management systems that have a digital screen which can be positioned quite high, and are brighter, and that the Terratrip type devices offer a kph figure on a mini display, but does anyone know of a unit that is cheap, not too intrusive into the workings of the car, and offers both kph and LED rev lights? Call me a dirty, rotten "Gamer", but it is very handy on various computer games when you're trying to improve your lap times, to be able to monitor exactly what speed and revs you have out of the corner of your eye in the HUD, whilst you approach and take a corner.

Surely I can get a USB cord and insert it somewhere under the lid, and then get my iPhone blu-tacked onto the windscreen? <_< ... or maybe not ... :rolleyes::D

Ideas anyone?

Kerry

What I'm saying Paul is that my old "cloth eyes" (so named because according to "she who shall be....", they are only sewn on!), need all the help they can get to keep up with those dang whipper-snappers! ;):D

Kerry

Hi Kerry

I have loaded the 'Harry's lap timer app into my Iphone and taken it around sandown. Its really cool to check out my acceleration and breaking plus lap times etc.

Good for track analysis!

Maybe a pair of bifocals will do the trick :blink::huh:

I know the concrete mark on the right hand side of track before turn 1 is a good breaking point at Sandown :o

See you at trackside! B)

Cheers Dave, haven't got a GPS unit, other than iphone...

and Cheers Frank, I've got that app', maybe you can show me how to use it on Sunday?

I think I just want one of those cool LED shift lights! ;):D

Kerry

Archived