I'd like to stick it to the following:

That is a great advert. I sometimes have a bit of a cringe watching the Victorian Highway Patrol on the TV series...but with some of the morons they are dealing with it just makes me shudder. No respect for anyone else on the roads, doesn't matter how many times they get caught, for drive whilst disq, unlicensed drive, unreg motor vehicle, DUI etc etc. they just keep driving....they just don't get it.

They are the same ones who when they kill you or one of your loved ones, will only be concerned about what effect it may have on their moronic lives. No regrets or conscience about the loved ones left behind or the person they have just killed.

The good thing now since Ken Lay has taken over, these Ferals are now being charged with indictable criminal offences not just pissy Road Traffic Act offences.

I am a great believer in the relatively new (to AUstralia, anyway poms have had it for about ten years) Number Plate Identification system.

We just have to get these irresponsible repeat offenders off the road...for good in my opinion.

I also believe we (Vic ) should have a separate body doing Road traffic. Ie I think WA used to gave a Road Traffic Authority back in the 70's.

That's what is now needed. More unmarked/covert vehicles dedicated to traffic.

Mr Plod should still be able to have the same powers, so if required they can still issue a hamburger with the lot when it is needed.

My old skool belief is coppers should be chasing crooks not cars.

Re it is all revenue raising, I hate the cameras (police don't get any benefit from them plus they are run by the State Govt and are not manned by the coppers) but the proof is in the pudding here with last years road toll total compared to previous years. We can whine and bitch about them all we like.....but they work. I know there are other reasons, such as safer cars etc and I also agree They are a big plus.

I refuse to lose points or give the govt any of my hard earned super, I use cruise control and mostly use the Navman for the correct speed and warnings of changing speed zones,

If you have ever delivered a death message to someone who has just lost a loved one, because of a dickhead I think you would probably agree with me.....get the morons off the road no matter what it takes.

RANT OVER....

"Let's be careful out there"

Archived