A Nice Weekend Away with Friends

The Old, The Aging & The Newborn

20140126_105938.jpg

And at the Malmsbury Bakery. Eat you heart out non event Beechworth Bakery. The Malmsbury sells proper stuff

AustralaiDayAMldon2014027.jpg

Away for the week end with friends that just happen to also own Porsche's.

Stayed at a 3 room only B&B with a difference.

"Rendezvous B&B" in Maldon

www.maldonbbrendezvous.com.au

Delightfully friendly French hosts Didier et Marie provided fabulous atmosphere and fine French cuisine for the evening meal along with an indulgent breakfast the next morning.

The deal is you are offered a menu selection prior to your stay and and pre-order the week before your visit.

Sounds a little messy but I can assure none of the six in attendance were disappointed.

The wines were very reasonably priced which made it even more enjoyable.

Saturday was taken up by a visit to the huge Fryerstown annual 3 day Antique Fair which the women were in absolute nirvana

The blokes found enough to interest them to fill in the day but my feet and legs were well screaming for a beer and a sit down by the time we got away.

Sunday after our huge breakfast we took a run up Mt Tarrengower the famous hillclimb track but at not too spirited a pace. It is far too narrow with oncoming traffic. A CFA truck on a blind bend made you lose interest in trying anything more than a tourist speed.

Over to Castlemaine for more latte and a look at Australia Day festivities then it was on to the Malmsbury Bakery for a spot of late lunch before separating and heading home again.

What a fabulous getaway with non stop laughter.

Dave

PS Didier was such a fine fellow as well as being a Jimmie Hendrix devotee he actually moved one of his cars out of his locked two car garage so I could put my car in there undercover for the night.

Service above the call of duty I suggest.

That looks like a great way to spend a weekend :)

It was.

My wife was even happy for the first time in ages.

That won't last long though she will find something wrong with me before too long.LOL

Dave

Archived