Paint Code - 944 Turbo

Fox944

Hi all, new User here.

I need to touch up my 1986 944 Turbo but I just cannot find the paint code anywhere. It's not on the compliance plate, it's not stamped on any door post, bonnet, boot or anywhere. I've pulled out all the carpet in the boot and just cannot find it. Could anyone please help? It's a 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo in what a lot of people call Champagne Gold.

On the internet I found what I think to be the correct name, but when I checked further, it seems it could be Calahari Beige or Zermatt. Both of these looked like the pale gold of my car. I've attached a picture...I hope if anyone has one of these, you can find the paint code for me? I know it should be four digits eg. LA1Y or LY7Y.

many thanks

Martin

post-248-128558570549_thumb.jpg

Congrats Martin,

Looks a good set of wheels.

I am probably going over old ground but there may/should be a sticker on inside of the rear hatch panel - (ie the numberplate panel). I believe that Porsche also mix & match the colours code just to confuse us all.

Good Luck!

RED

Hi Martin,

The other thing you could try is giving Porsche Cars Australia a call and speak to the Spare parts manager, Paul Girt. If you give him the VIN number he will probabaly be able to tell you quite a bit about your car including the colour codes.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris (and others). I'll try contacting Paul and go from there.

I think any stickers have long worn away, but I'll give the plenum chamber another look (do I need a doctor to do that?)

cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

The other thing you could try is giving Porsche Cars Australia a call and speak to the Spare parts manager, Paul Girt. If you give him the VIN number he will probabaly be able to tell you quite a bit about your car including the colour codes.

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris...I got in touch with Paul and a young chap called Phil at PCA and they were really helpful. I had narrowed the colour down to two possibilities prior to speaking with them, but when I gave the VIN #, Phil confirmed it was one of the ones I was looking at: Zermatt. Nice colour, strange name.

Anyway, thanks again...off to the paint shop now.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

Cheers

Chris

Archived