911 Rear Bumper Valance Questions

SteveF

Hello everyone,

I am trying to source an under rear bumper valance and appear to have found one second hand:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/crafers/auto-body-parts/porsche-911-sc-bumper-bar/1040905154

My two questions are:

1) I believe that a '78 model valance would fit a '76 model 911. Is that correct?

2) The item is in South Australia and I am in Sydney. Is there a company that you have used in the past to transport/courier items that you could suggest so I could obtain some prices?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Steve

Not sure about the 76 to 78 fit - I would reckon they are identical - but I'll take the little black plug that goes over the jack lift point for a beer if you get them.

Cheers.

Edit: Pick and the phone and ask Zags or Eurowerks. They'll know for sure.

74-83 all have the same rear valance panel...

84-89 have a similar but different panel..

Whilst they all technically "fit" on the same bumper bar the shape of the bellows is different so if you mix the years they wont sit flush..

The best way to identify them is the 74-83 has a lipped edge on the bottom whilst the 84-89 are flush

Thanks guys for the help with this. I did check and apparently it will fit my car. I have also spoken to the guys at Zags and they are going to check if they have one spare and will come back to me next week. This would be better because it is local and will save the shipping costs.

David, if I go ahead with this and don't need the part you need, it is yours for free.

Cheers

Steve

Archived