LHD 911 emission equipment

Brendan

Hello all, new member here, i have had a 1978 lhd 911 for a couple of years,(imported from Japan) its been sitting idle while I try to find the time to work on it...(currently unregistered) its a super clean car with some modifications so it will look a little like a RS.

I had grand ideas about converting it to RHD....but would rather keep it a left hooker,

Its fitted with webers and has had all the emission stuff removed.....can anyone help and advise what emission parts would have been fitted to a Aussie delivered car from 1978 ??? I guess i will also have to do something with the side door intrusion bars ...any help greatly appreciated.

Brendan, As a 1978 Porsche, that is getting little use, my advice would be to join PCV, get a roadworthy certificate and go for Club Permit Registration. Keep it as is and make no changes. A new Club Permit for 90 days usage per year is on the way, hopefully early next year.See the Vicroads website for details of the present scheme. PM me if you need help to understand the scheme. Registration and insurance costs are also much lower for Club permit(older than 25 years) cars used for club activities.

Paul M

Hello all, new member here, i have had a 1978 lhd 911 for a couple of years,(imported from Japan) its been sitting idle while I try to find the time to work on it...(currently unregistered) its a super clean car with some modifications so it will look a little like a RS.

I had grand ideas about converting it to RHD....but would rather keep it a left hooker,

Its fitted with webers and has had all the emission stuff removed.....can anyone help and advise what emission parts would have been fitted to a Aussie delivered car from 1978 ??? I guess i will also have to do something with the side door intrusion bars ...any help greatly appreciated.

should have an air pump and air injection system

Archived