Shipping from USA

Hello guys.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on shipping products out of West Coast USA

What's the best and cheapest way to get product here to Australia

Cheers hughesy

I've gotten quotes from ship2anywhere.com.au for four wheels shipped to the USA west coast for $350 for all four wheels total and back was $450 total as they didn't pick up form the town I was shipping to so would have to have them drop shipped to their depot first. If you call them with dimensions and weights and the pick up address they will give you a quote.

A friend got four wheels shipped from the UK and it was $600 or $650 total for all four delivered to his door using them.

Hope this helps

Cheers Al

I've gotten quotes from ship2anywhere.com.au for four wheels shipped to the USA west coast for $350 for all four wheels total and back was $450 total as they didn't pick up form the town I was shipping to so would have to have them drop shipped to their depot first. If you call them with dimensions and weights and the pick up address they will give you a quote.

A friend got four wheels shipped from the UK and it was $600 or $650 total for all four delivered to his door using them.

Hope this helps

Cheers Al

THANKS AL THATS A GREAT HELP

HUGHESY

Hello guys.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on shipping products out of West Coast USA

What's the best and cheapest way to get product here to Australia

Cheers hughesy

Products?

Oil Sender or complete engine?

Small items are generally at an acceptable rate through USPS [umited States Post Office] and can be posted from any location in the US. Delivery times can be as low as 4 or 5 days and have never lost anything of mine. 

USPS has a range of 3 sizes in cardboard boxes that have fixed delivery pricing and you can put up to 20lbs.

http://ircalc.usps.com/?country=10013

The trick is getting your supplier to use the boxes.

For the large heavy items.

This largely depends on where the item/s are based. obviously the fee is going to be dependent on how far the pick up is from the shipping point. So discussion with supplier followed by internet searching is my suggestion.

There are two other options though. 

1/ A local shipping agent to arrange, usually a very expensive option.

2/ Contact one of the local car and parts importers and jump onto one of their shipments. They will charge you but they are already bringing goods in so tend to be more reasonable. Use one of the American car importers they seem to be more user friendly than the Euro car importers. You will of course have to arrange to get it to their US depot.

All this this is predicated on that premise that you aren't desperate for the product and you can wait a little while. 

Otherwise money will cure all.

Have a read of this thread it may interest you. Most of the people on the list are known players when it comes to importing goods as are many others on the PFA so somebody may come up with the arrangement for your particular needs. You will need to supply more info than just 'product'

So, we are all still looking for that Nirvana that is free postage from the States.

Whatever way you approach it though you are still generally better off than using local suppliers unless needs must be.

Sad but true.

Good luck

Dave

Hi all,

I use Borderlinx to accumulate & consolidate lightweight orders from various suppliers for my S2 & Cherokee.

The Borderlinx system gives you a delivery address in the US. This gets around the problem of some US suppliers only shipping to continental USA. Often the US supplier will ship free to a US address if the order is big enough.

You also get a UK address as well.

The final delivery stage is via DHL and the service is spectacular.

Once your orders arrive at Borderlinx, you have 30 days to accumulate all your bits. They will repack into a single box and ship it to you.

Cheers

rEd

Hi all,

I use Borderlinx to accumulate & consolidate lightweight orders from various suppliers for my S2 & Cherokee.

The Borderlinx system gives you a delivery address in the US. This gets around the problem of some US suppliers only shipping to continental USA. Often the US supplier will ship free to a US address if the order is big enough.

You also get a UK address as well.

The final delivery stage is via DHL and the service is spectacular.

Once your orders arrive at Borderlinx, you have 30 days to accumulate all your bits. They will repack into a single box and ship it to you.

Cheers

rEd

+1 for Borderlinx , the good wife uses them all the time for online shopping with reasonable rates and tracking... delivery out of the states in 3 to 4 days...

Pity the US$ & AU$ are wobbling around. It sure pays to check OS pricing. Just confirms that Australia get ripped off.

I sourced a Jeep 3d bonnet badge from a Mopar dealer in the US - cost US$13, cost here $85. Go figure!

Of course the shipping has to be added to that but I usually end up adding other items to the pile and that all goes in the one package to Australia. The costs are defrayed across all items.

"She who shops" also helps fill the shipment.

Archived