Carpet suppliers in Australia?

Guest hepkat63

Let me answer with a question

Why would you want to make the symphony that is the 911 engine note quieter? 

Sorry I don't have a source but I'm sure someone will chime in with a proper answer.

Cheers Al

Let me answer your question answering my question with another question.

Is the dull road noise drone a vital part of your Porsche experience?

I will add to the question with a statement: my windows wind down perfectly well, and the stock CIS system isn't what I'd call a distinctive noisemaker.

Yeah well until I get ITB's or a turbo on there I don't have that luxury.

And when I do, I may STILL sound proof the cabin for the same reasons good headphones are made from good materials, and cheap ones sound flat and dull and tinny.

• 1 month later...

Bumpity - has anyone had any success in finding decent carpet or carpet kit suppliers in Oz?

I don't think the original question was adequately answered - other than buy Lakewell.  Is Classic 9 Leathershop any good?

I'm surprised you have trouble holding a conversation at hwy speeds , even my 78 with a Monty is fine.

As for foam , you should see the thickness used in a 928!

The sliverknit they replace carpets with in the states I believe is thinner than the original.. A bit like velour I believe.

Still expensive though.

& let's not go comparing Commodore's with old 911s , lol!

Bumpity - has anyone had any success in finding decent carpet or carpet kit suppliers in Oz?

I don't think the original question was adequately answered - other than buy Lakewell.  Is Classic 9 Leathershop any good?

Have a look at my reply in post 5 on the previous page. If Classic British and German can't get you what you need then I don't know who can. It is all the original Porsche Silverknit, Square Weave and Haargarn carpet in uncut rolls or in kits with them.

Cheers Al

Archived