The Build Begins

And que classic in engine bay pic! Ive been extremely busy with work lately and let the car get side tracked. With the sale of a bike and some time of work I managed to make some progress.IMG_5796.JPGThis week finally with the help of a good friend the engine successfully came out! This marks a big milestone for the project.

Here are some updates;

Performance9 has been extremely helpful and has sourced me front and rear bumpers as well as a new hood which should be here in the next few weeks. (Long hood + 9" front RS bumper and 11" rear RS bumper)

Body is going off to a local body repairman to have some welding completed as well as light boxes added to my shorthood front fenders in preparation for the new body panels and the paint shop.

Engine stand should be here any day to start disassembly of engine.

Small steps are finally starting to add up! 

A question for those who have done engine drops in the past. Once the engine was out I found that the shocks were being flexed as the reduction in weight was causing them to lengthen out. Is this normal? (Photos on link below, right at the bottom)

https://plus.google.com/photos/114096734553786293214/albums/5995788105857345185

Hopefully this marks some real progress for the near future and a driving car before we know it!

By 'flexed' do you mean extended? if so yes. There's a few threads on Pelican discussing it, they also say the car takes a while to settle back down after the engine's back in depending on how long its been out for so don't worry if your car sits a bit higher for a short time. 

Good luck Nico and keep those progress shots coming!

Yeah thats right Dusty, they have extended to the longest position of their travel and with that are fouling on the inside of the shock mount causing them to flex a little. Good to know im freaking out about nothing ;)

Archived